Writing Section Announcement!


 Topic: Writing Section Announcement!
Users reading this topic: There are no members reading this topic.
This topic was closed by hyuugaitachi007 
  Posted on January 4, 2015 22:59
hyuugaitachi007
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Akatsuki

Posts: 8205
Joined on:
August 30, 2007
#1

Dearest Writers of Naruto-Boards,

On behalf of the entire moderating staff, I would like to greet you a very happy new year! I am excited to announce that with the dawn of 2015 comes, hopefully, positive and much needed change to the Writing Class section of the forums. Yes, indeed! I believe it is high time that we take note of our own community--to look at our small but strong writing school and celebrate our history and all the wonderful work we have contributed in the present and in the past. And then to build on that and give ourselves the love and attention we deserve!

With that being said, I am happy to announce that the staff is going to be attempting to rejuvenate the writing section. This is, admittedly, a daunting and gargantuan task. But we have some ideas on where to start. We're tackling questions such as how do we strengthen the close and intimate community of writers that we already have? How do we bring activity back to the section? Inspire new writers? Make the writing section a dynamic and special place for writers of all levels?

Evidently, these are big and hard questions to answer, and we need your help to make this upcoming project a success. Currently, we are thinking of holding special and truly innovative contests to begin this year and bring some much needed immediate activity to the section. From there, we'll explore more ideas, perhaps the like of workshops, writing games, etc.

Over the next few weeks, we will be posting more discussion topics and conducting polls to get a temperature-read of what you're feeling. We're hoping to get contest and prize ideas, theme suggestions, and any other creative conceptualizations you can offer. Keep a look out! In the meantime, share any general thoughts on this project! We'd love to hear from you.

Happy New Year, once again!

Sincerely,
NB Staff
  Posted on January 4, 2015 23:02
Rokubi-6th
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1573
Joined on:
March 26, 2009
#2
Can't wait for the revamped writing section! *cough* battledome section next pls *cough* *cough*
Much love to annie for the avy!

Favorite Song//2nd Fav//3rd//Ask The Don Anything//Revolution for Your Sins

"As a man, be full of pride with a Don!"- Tom
  Posted on January 4, 2015 23:04
LSDarko
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5152
Joined on:
June 24, 2013
#3
sweet, hopefully something I can get a feel for to participate in.
sig by the hot, steamy, peppered, not salty, potato jr
  Posted on January 4, 2015 23:04
hyuugaitachi007
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Akatsuki

Posts: 8205
Joined on:
August 30, 2007
#4
Rokubi-6th wrote:
Can't wait for the revamped writing section! *cough* battledome section next pls *cough* *cough*
Aha! You're in luck, friend! The A&M section will also be undergoing changes relatively soon. We just need to work out a few kinks! Keep an eye out!

But yes! We're excited to try to fix up and refresh our writing section. If anyone have general ideas or thoughts, please feel free to share them!
  Posted on January 5, 2015 04:19
trttrfggffffe
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5874
Joined on:
December 27, 2009
#5
Oh, this should be good...
  Posted on January 6, 2015 06:58
narutokid000
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 5414
Joined on:
August 5, 2007
#6
Interested to know which contests are going to be held this year.
  
                
  Posted on January 6, 2015 07:27
choppy
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2666
Joined on:
January 2, 2009
#7
I'd love to see a co-op event or two. Posting individual work here seems a little pointless to me, but writing something up with a partner would be enjoyable and probably worthwhile.

Sig by Vale the god
  Posted on January 6, 2015 15:55
l-o-w
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1384
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#8
choppy wrote:
I'd love to see a co-op event or two. Posting individual work here seems a little pointless to me, but writing something up with a partner would be enjoyable and probably worthwhile.

yeah. agreed, I'd love a co-op with something.
  Posted on January 7, 2015 03:12
hyuugaitachi007
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Akatsuki

Posts: 8205
Joined on:
August 30, 2007
#9
Good to hear from a couple of you! &That sounds like an awesome idea--the cooperative one! Keep 'em coming! This week, we're coming out with a poll topic for contest ideas so keep an eye out for sure!
  Posted on January 7, 2015 03:35
pipexito
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Sage

Posts: 13984
Joined on:
August 9, 2008
#10
should be good
  Posted on January 7, 2015 16:00
l-o-w
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1384
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#11
Give writing class its own subsection, not just a sub>subsection... It would be even more entertaining we can get a fanfic writing program running. About n-a!
  Posted on January 7, 2015 22:11
choppy
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2666
Joined on:
January 2, 2009
#12
One the fanfic idea. Maybe you could do something like a subsection for Naruto (or maybe even the big 3) fan fiction. We could all keep up to date with each other's stories and provide feedback to each other etc and watch as everyone improves. Maybe once a fortnight or something you have a poll for the most popular 1-3 of them and they're stickies in the subsection? It's only an idea that just came to me, if anyone else has input on it feel free.

Sig by Vale the god
  Posted on January 8, 2015 03:53
l-o-w
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1384
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#13
choppy wrote:
One the fanfic idea. Maybe you could do something like a subsection for Naruto (or maybe even the big 3) fan fiction. We could all keep up to date with each other's stories and provide feedback to each other etc and watch as everyone improves. Maybe once a fortnight or something you have a poll for the most popular 1-3 of them and they're stickies in the subsection? It's only an idea that just came to me, if anyone else has input on it feel free.

Moderator(s) can be tasked with maintaining a sort of timeline, you know... readers can pick from any number of stories in between and not get stuck out in the middle of nowhere. And seperate the "canon" writing pieces in a subsection of its own.
  Posted on January 8, 2015 04:26
choppy
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2666
Joined on:
January 2, 2009
#14
l-o-w wrote:
choppy wrote:
One the fanfic idea. Maybe you could do something like a subsection for Naruto (or maybe even the big 3) fan fiction. We could all keep up to date with each other's stories and provide feedback to each other etc and watch as everyone improves. Maybe once a fortnight or something you have a poll for the most popular 1-3 of them and they're stickies in the subsection? It's only an idea that just came to me, if anyone else has input on it feel free.

Moderator(s) can be tasked with maintaining a sort of timeline, you know... readers can pick from any number of stories in between and not get stuck out in the middle of nowhere. And seperate the "canon" writing pieces in a subsection of its own.
Well I was thinking more like in that subsection each author would have their own thread like 'L-o-w's fanfic', or whatever title you would give it. You'd reserve half a dozen to a dozen posts and then leave the rest for comments and compliments etc.

Or are you maintaining that idea but saying moderators could have a thread keeping track of whose fanfic fits into which part of the timeline? I think that'd be a great idea.

Sig by Vale the god
  Posted on January 8, 2015 04:45
l-o-w
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1384
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#15
choppy wrote:
l-o-w wrote:
choppy wrote:
One the fanfic idea. Maybe you could do something like a subsection for Naruto (or maybe even the big 3) fan fiction. We could all keep up to date with each other's stories and provide feedback to each other etc and watch as everyone improves. Maybe once a fortnight or something you have a poll for the most popular 1-3 of them and they're stickies in the subsection? It's only an idea that just came to me, if anyone else has input on it feel free.

Moderator(s) can be tasked with maintaining a sort of timeline, you know... readers can pick from any number of stories in between and not get stuck out in the middle of nowhere. And seperate the "canon" writing pieces in a subsection of its own.

Or are you maintaining that idea but saying moderators could have a thread keeping track of whose fanfic fits into which part of the timeline? I think that'd be a great idea.

Yes, that's what I meant.
-Sofia, Itachis-, Jeins, Marty15, uchiha_alexander.
Admins online: 0 - Global moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 0 - Members online: 5