Common Misconceptions - Page 2


 Topic: Common Misconceptions
Users reading this topic: There are no members reading this topic.
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:34
-Whirlpool_
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Special Jounin

Posts: 559
Joined on:
November 18, 2011
#16
Minato-Sempai wrote:
Nope. Nothing has been mentioned or shown about his elemental affinity. I personally think he might be a Suiton user because:

Hiruzen (Doton or Katon) taught Jiraiya (Doton or Katon) taught Minato (?) taught Kakashi (Raiton) taught Naruto (Fuuton). Suiton's the only one that's missing.

Just because Jiraiya is Doton and/or Katon doesn't mean Minato is Suiton. For example...

Hiruzen(Doton or Katon) >> Jiraiya(Doton or Katon). The use the same element(s). Although Suiton could be his nature, I think Minato & Kakashi had the same affinity.


gerronix11 wrote:
Hidan can still be killed
People might think he can't die because he's "immortal" but actually, the only purpose of his immortality is that he can't feel pain as much when he is damaged or attacked.. However, if we think about his head exploding into tiny little pieces, we wouldn't call that incapacitated still.. He would be dead. A very common fact in real world but also should also work in Narutoverse since they are still humans..

Ino's mind transfer is not a genjutsu
People think it is because it is in N-A.. But actually, its not.. It might affect an opponent's mind but that doesn't belong to how the genjutsu actually works.. Genjutsu are illusions meaning in real world, its not really there.. Ino's mind transfer isn't an illusion.. Her consciousness is indeed transfered to the opponent without any tricks or illusions..

Dude, Hidan is immortal. That was the only good thing about him. And he actually can feel pain
My old account Ninja-Whirlpool

(Invalid img) <--------- Come expand your mind in the Battledome section
Credit for sig goes to ithreddevil
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:35
gerronix11
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Sannin

Posts: 4017
Joined on:
August 14, 2008
#17
I know hidan is immortal, but still without all his brain and stuff.. it wont be classified as an alive man.. If I squish his brain.. would he be still talking with his head? The only reason why he's just incapacitated is because
1.) plot no jutsu.. meant to happen
2.) Hidan needs to thank Shikamaru that he didn't aim for his brain..
3.) His head didn't turn into tiny little pieces..
But can you imagine number 3 happening? Can you imagine him being alive at that point? I did mention his immortal but that doesn't mean he can't be killed..
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:36
Minato-Sempai
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2715
Joined on:
March 13, 2010
#18
No, no, no, no, no. You misunderstood me. I was just saying that it could be a chain created by Kishi for some fun parallel. Not that a teacher and student always have different affinities.


Ships: Kakashi/Yūgao, Lucy/Natsu, Ichigo/Rukia, Luffy/Robin, Goku/Bulma (Some of em are weird, but I don't care, I'm odd like that )

Spoiler
RIP Shikaku and Inoichi My sympathies go out to Shikamaru and Ino!
RIP Neji! That's even worse :cry
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:37
KrapKicker
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1899
Joined on:
July 5, 2007
#19
gerronix11 wrote:
Hidan can still be killed
People might think he can't die because he's "immortal" but actually, the only purpose of his immortality is that he can't feel pain as much when he is damaged or attacked.. However, if we think about his head exploding into tiny little pieces, we wouldn't call that incapacitated still.. He would be dead. A very common fact in real world but also should also work in Narutoverse since they are still humans..

No no Minato... he is right... this is a big one... and was confirmed by Kishi...

When shopped to bits Hidan has no way to pull himself together... and is kinda stuck there... where he will starve and eventually die... It also has something to do with the fact he is granted immortally by his god only if he continues killing... if he stops kills... due to the fact he couldn't move... he would eventually die...


Anyone else ever wonder exactly how many rare candies Naruto feed his Vulpix to get a Ninetails that goddamn big?...

20 July 2010... Holy Cra-... I mean Krap...!!!
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:39
JoeyMcGrath
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2936
Joined on:
August 14, 2008
#20
Obito cannot use Space-time ninjutsu

(I see people often say that he can in topics concerning him)
he only had is sharingan for a matter of minutes before death and didn't ever master it. People cannot just assume that he has any space-time ninjutsu.
Haters gonna hate. Waiters gonna wait.
Most dope on the Boards since '08


Visit my showcase, yo.
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:43
KrapKicker
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1899
Joined on:
July 5, 2007
#21
I can't find the whole "Hidan must kill to be immortal bit" at the moment... however... the second fanbook revealed the bit that he can basically starve to death...


Anyone else ever wonder exactly how many rare candies Naruto feed his Vulpix to get a Ninetails that goddamn big?...

20 July 2010... Holy Cra-... I mean Krap...!!!
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:44
-Whirlpool_
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Special Jounin

Posts: 559
Joined on:
November 18, 2011
#22
JoeyMcGrath wrote:
Obito cannot use Space-time ninjutsu

(I see people often say that he can in topics concerning him)
he only had is sharingan for a matter of minutes before death and didn't ever master it. People cannot just assume that he has any space-time ninjutsu.

Yeah, but no one has ever mentioned this in Battledome.
My old account Ninja-Whirlpool

(Invalid img) <--------- Come expand your mind in the Battledome section
Credit for sig goes to ithreddevil
  Posted on December 16, 2011 22:50
Minato-Sempai
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2715
Joined on:
March 13, 2010
#23
KrapKicker wrote:
I can't find the whole "Hidan must kill to be immortal bit" at the moment... however... the second fanbook revealed the bit that he can basically starve to death...

Yup, looked it up. He can indeed starve to death.

JoeyMcGrath wrote:
Obito cannot use Space-time ninjutsu

(I see people often say that he can in topics concerning him)
he only had is sharingan for a matter of minutes before death and didn't ever master it. People cannot just assume that he has any space-time ninjutsu.

As -Whirlpool- said, I've never seen this in the Battledome. This topic's is for debating in Battledome, not as much a plot-wise thing. The above theory probably stems from the Tobi is Obito theory.


Ships: Kakashi/Yūgao, Lucy/Natsu, Ichigo/Rukia, Luffy/Robin, Goku/Bulma (Some of em are weird, but I don't care, I'm odd like that )

Spoiler
RIP Shikaku and Inoichi My sympathies go out to Shikamaru and Ino!
RIP Neji! That's even worse :cry
  Posted on December 16, 2011 23:06
gerronix11
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Sannin

Posts: 4017
Joined on:
August 14, 2008
#24
Ino's mind clone switch
This is not very common since Ino doesn't really appear in battledome cuz she's not much of a fighter. But some people might think that since she can transfer her mind unto two target means she can keep one inside her and one to other. Ofcourse that's possible but that is not confirmed.
(I used this once to defend her..lol)
  Posted on December 17, 2011 17:25
Divine-Swagger
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Genin

Posts: 188
Joined on:
October 19, 2011
#25
gerronix11 wrote:
Ino's mind clone switch
This is not very common since Ino doesn't really appear in battledome cuz she's not much of a fighter. But some people might think that since she can transfer her mind unto two target means she can keep one inside her and one to other. Ofcourse that's possible but that is not confirmed.
(I used this once to defend her..lol)

That makes no sense. I've never heard of anything that stupid. That's impossible dude.

OnTopic:

Wikipedia
Alot of people have been going entirely by what wikipedia has down, even though they got raped by Kishi and bitch-slapped on thier Tobi/Madara page. Wikipedia states that Byakugan can see through clones, which is incorrect. It states,going by the stats, that Kakashi is better than Kabuto in "part 1", which I assume is the beginning of the series. But at the same time, Orochimaru stated in manga that Kakashi and Kabuto are equal.
Wikipedia is not a reliable sorce.
(Invalid img) <------------- I HATE this guy

"I'm exellent
a sexual profectionist
I'll creep up from behind &
be inside ya,
No Exorcist!!!!!!!
" ~Rascoe Dash
  Posted on December 17, 2011 17:43
gerronix11
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Sannin

Posts: 4017
Joined on:
August 14, 2008
#26
Divine-Swagger wrote:
gerronix11 wrote:
Ino's mind clone switch
This is not very common since Ino doesn't really appear in battledome cuz she's not much of a fighter. But some people might think that since she can transfer her mind unto two target means she can keep one inside her and one to other. Ofcourse that's possible but that is not confirmed.
(I used this once to defend her..lol)

That makes no sense. I've never heard of anything that stupid. That's impossible dude.
there's nothing wrong with my grammar.. There's probably something wrong with you understanding english. Or maybe you don't know the jutsu I'm talking about...
  Posted on December 17, 2011 17:51
JoeyMcGrath
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2936
Joined on:
August 14, 2008
#27
Tenten's Jutsu

Remind people that in the Manga, she does not have any named jutsu. (I.e. In the amine she has Twin Rising Dragons and other crazy ones) however, the battle dome only goes by manga, so all we have seen of Tenten in the manga is generic summoning.
Haters gonna hate. Waiters gonna wait.
Most dope on the Boards since '08


Visit my showcase, yo.
  Posted on December 17, 2011 17:57
Divine-Swagger
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Genin

Posts: 188
Joined on:
October 19, 2011
#28
gerronix11 wrote:
Divine-Swagger wrote:
gerronix11 wrote:
Ino's mind clone switch
This is not very common since Ino doesn't really appear in battledome cuz she's not much of a fighter. But some people might think that since she can transfer her mind unto two target means she can keep one inside her and one to other. Ofcourse that's possible but that is not confirmed.
(I used this once to defend her..lol)

That makes no sense. I've never heard of anything that stupid. That's impossible dude.
there's nothing wrong with my grammar.. There's probably something wrong with you understanding english. Or maybe you don't know the jutsu I'm talking about...

Another idiot here...

I said that makes no sense. Ino cannot do that. That's why it's called Mind TRANSFER. She transfers her mind into another's body. She cannot stay inside her mind as well. And how could you say that there's nothing wrong with your grammar. Read post #31. Horrible grammar.
(Invalid img) <------------- I HATE this guy

"I'm exellent
a sexual profectionist
I'll creep up from behind &
be inside ya,
No Exorcist!!!!!!!
" ~Rascoe Dash
  Posted on December 17, 2011 18:05
gerronix11
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Sannin

Posts: 4017
Joined on:
August 14, 2008
#29
Divine-Swagger wrote:
gerronix11 wrote:
Divine-Swagger wrote:
Ino's mind clone switch

That makes no sense. I've never heard of anything that stupid. That's impossible dude.
there's nothing wrong with my grammar.. There's probably something wrong with you understanding english. Or maybe you don't know the jutsu I'm talking about...

Another idiot here...

I said that makes no sense. Ino cannot do that. That's why it's called Mind TRANSFER. She transfers her mind into another's body. She cannot stay inside her mind as well. And how could you say that there's nothing wrong with your grammar. Read post #31. Horrible grammar.
lol.. its funny how you look so stupid saying that.. I never said she can stay inside her body.. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF POSTING IT.. *COMMON MISCONCEPTION* since two of Ino's mind were transfered into enemies, most people would say she can duplicate her mind. Well, if she can do that, then it is possible that one can stay inside her.. I never said its true, I'm just saying there's a possibility.. So its not impossible at all.. And if I have any grammar mistakes, tell me.. I'm sure every single person in here can understand it unless they have problems reading english..
  Posted on December 17, 2011 18:16
Minato-Sempai
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 2715
Joined on:
March 13, 2010
#30
JoeyMcGrath wrote:
Tenten's Jutsu

Remind people that in the Manga, she does not have any named jutsu. (I.e. In the amine she has Twin Rising Dragons and other crazy ones) however, the battle dome only goes by manga, so all we have seen of Tenten in the manga is generic summoning.

Technically, people are allowed to go the anime here. I always discourage it, as it isn't canonical, but others try it anyways. It should be against the rules, though.


Ships: Kakashi/Yūgao, Lucy/Natsu, Ichigo/Rukia, Luffy/Robin, Goku/Bulma (Some of em are weird, but I don't care, I'm odd like that )

Spoiler
RIP Shikaku and Inoichi My sympathies go out to Shikamaru and Ino!
RIP Neji! That's even worse :cry
sidft.
Admins online: 0 - Global moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 0 - Members online: 1